- 内部 NPC ID: 43
食人怪是一种只在地下丛林生物群落生成的敌怪，并且它几乎与地表的抓人草完全一样。Man Eaters spawn anchored to blocks, with an extendable stem topped by a pincher. The stem itself is a passive component and can be walked through safely without incurring damage; only the pincher inflicts or takes damage.
Destroying the block that a Man Eater is rooted on kills it instantly; however, this method of dispatching a Man Eater never yields any dropped items.
Differences from Snatchers
- Man Eater's body color is a brown/pinkish vine, as opposed to a green vine for Snatchers.
- Man Eaters have a chance to drop 藤蔓s, whereas Snatchers don't.
- Man Eaters can extend their stems about twice as far as Snatchers.
- Man Eaters and 黄蜂s will always drop 远古钴头盔s with 远古钴护腿 due to the way that the drops are coded. This effectively doubles the intended drop chance of the Leggings.
- When lit on fire with weapons such as the 阳炎之怒, their erratic movement patterns may cause them to reveal hidden caves with their light.
- 1.3.5：Sprite updated.
- 22.214.171.124：Vine drop rate increased from 33.33% to 50%.
- 126.96.36.199：Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2：Vine drop rate increased from 25% to 33.33%.
- Stats changed.
- Health reduced from 130 to 110.
- Damage reduced from 42 to 34.
- Defense reduced from 18 to 10.
- Now have a chance to drop 远古钴盔甲 when killed.
- Stats changed.
- 1.1：Damage decreased from 45 to 42.
- Health decreased from 200 to 130.
- Damage decreased from 60 to 45
- Man Eaters are now drawn in front of tiles rather than behind them.
- They now extend their stems at random, rather than when the player is moving rapidly.
- Man Eaters no longer drop 丛林盔甲, which is instead crafted by the player.
- They now pass through blocks, are immune to knockback, and no longer extend their stems when struck.